Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Company of Heroes (Read if you play)
Author: Traitors Dagger, Views: 5117, Replies: 15
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wasn't sure if everybody was aware, Relic are closing down the og servers and are migrating them to Steam Service on May 7th, it should already be in your "Library", all you need to do is uninstall the original one and install that one. Thought I'd let you get ahead of the game a little!
Read more here:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/company-heroes-s...-early-now
[Image: NOaN7qv.jpg]
I'm genuinely hoping this fixes the overall NAT issues. Obviously, once you got used to them it was easy enough to fix them but, dear God, they caused issue after issue.
(04-22-2013, 10:20 PM)Staticwolf Wrote: I'm genuinely hoping this fixes the overall NAT issues. Obviously, once you got used to them it was easy enough to fix them but, dear God, they caused issue after issue.

me and my friend played for 2 years but we cant anymore due to the NAT issues, nothing he did worked (and we dont have good enough pc's to even attempt to run a LAN game)
Two things you can do:

1) Set your computer to a Static IP address. If you need help with this, gimme a shout and I'll guide you through it. Recent software has made this vastly easier, mind you. Then, open the ports on your router (if you haven't already). If not, there's another little trick, though it's a bit difficult to explain and I'll only bother if nothing else works.

2) Use hamachi to set up a virtual LAN, so that you and your friend can play on a LAN network over the internet.
(04-22-2013, 10:34 PM)Staticwolf Wrote: Two things you can do:

1) Set your computer to a Static IP address. If you need help with this, gimme a shout and I'll guide you through it. Recent software has made this vastly easier, mind you. Then, open the ports on your router (if you haven't already). If not, there's another little trick, though it's a bit difficult to explain and I'll only bother if nothing else works.

2) Use hamachi to set up a virtual LAN, so that you and your friend can play on a LAN network over the internet.

Might be worth port forwarding so you don't need to piss about with hamachi. Also hamachi has a few security issues in regards to backdoors etc. Port forwarding (if his router/ISP allow it) will probably the best way to do it, quite easy to do as well for anyone who has no knowledge of how to do it, there's so many tutorials online.
Started downloading CoH last Wednesday and am currently on 78%, now I have to reinstall it...
(04-23-2013, 06:06 AM)Wetfish Wrote: Started downloading CoH last Wednesday and am currently on 78%, now I have to reinstall it...

Sorry Fish :/
Its better than you doing it and then playing until the 7th and having to install it then right?
I dont have it in my library >:C
It should be, not in installed games, but in all games Smile
(04-24-2013, 05:44 AM)Traitors Dagger Wrote: It should be, not in installed games, but in all games Smile

It isnt >:C (do I need 2 uninstall the original game and then it comes to Steam?)