Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Today was a really fucking bad day for me, you don't want to have one as well
Author: Antonses, Views: 10879, Replies: 27
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let me tell you a story....

Four days ago I received an email. I didn't know what it was about, because it was written in Russian. So I obviously was a bit concerned about it, especially because it just disappeared when I tried to open it. A few hours later, when I came home, I wanted to play some CS:GO, like I mostly do when I come home. When I saw the login window of Steam, without a password, I started to worry. I googled for my own account and saw IT. My account... it had been renamed. But I did not rename it, so I knew that somebody had hacked my account. 

Of course I instantly contacted the Steam support. Soon after they told me to give them some more information, so they could make sure that I was the owner of the account. I did just that and after only one day I got back my account. At first I was a bit surprised that they answered me so fast, because I had heard that it might take up to a week for them to answer me. Anyways, what had been changed on my account was that someone had played around two hours of CS:GO and my friendslist was emptied. I didn't think about it too much, I assumed that my account was sold on some kind of account-selling website and some poor guy bought it. 

Only a day after that I was surprised, once again, because my account was locked now, even though I told the support-guy that everything was fine. So I guess somebody had used the link, that should have been in an email that I should have received, but didn't, that can be used to lock the account. I asked the support-guy to unlock the account, so that everything would be normal once again. 

And two days later, today, I was VAC'd. Of course I contacted the support again. I haven't received an answer yet, but basically that's not even necessary, because according to this site (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...&l=english) I won't get the VAC ban removed, no matter if I was hacked or not. 

So I guess that's basically it, the story... I just wanted to share that with someone and I thought that at least some of you guys would read that and from now on be a bit more attentive with that kind of stuff. The Steam Guard may be safe, but as seen here it does have some security issues, because Valve can't controll every gesture of the user. I thought that I was safe, but my own naivety doomed me. Please, you guys, do not be naive. People will always try to make use of you, no matter if it's in real life or in a video game. It can't be prevented because that's just how we and our society work. 

"Why would I open it? It's written in Russian, I can't read it anywa..." *opened the email*

Think before you act. please
[Image: 5SQwsVX.png]
Anytime I get an email that is in another language or it looks even the slightest bit malicious i just bin it one time.

Do you see the email itself when you open up your emails or only the subjects? Having it so that you can see both the subject and the content is always best.

[Image: 61433430_2227478007328488_17467336756780...e=5DA68261]
Seen this happen to several of my friends lately, or something similar. Can never be too careful. I've done my best to avoid things like this and haven't had any issues so far. Quite scared something will catch me off guard one day and take my 11 year old account though.
[Image: p44VqCw.gif]
[Image: e3b67268cd.png]
[Image: 3d78b601cf.png]
You got Vac banned for cheating and made up a story but cool story bro we all believe you...
(12-16-2015, 01:23 PM)Alias Wrote: You got Vac banned for cheating and made up a story but cool story bro we all believe you...

I'm glad that you noticed that I just made it up. I was worried that none of you would.

(You're gonna get your proof when I'm back home. Btw. you do understand that what I want to reach with this thread is to make people be more careful about their accounts so that they don't make the same experience that I did, don't you?)

Edit: (and here's your proof, just in case you don't want to change your seemingly pessimistic attitude: https://gyazo.com/37efba5f592e59b12328b4b92d80c881)
Appreciated man
[Image: toxDIze.gif]
(12-16-2015, 01:31 PM)Antonses Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 01:23 PM)Alias Wrote: You got Vac banned for cheating and made up a story but cool story bro we all believe you...

I'm glad that you noticed that I just made it up. I was worried that none of you would.

(You're gonna get your proof when I'm back home. Btw. you do understand that what I want to reach with this thread is to make people be more careful about their accounts so that they don't make the same experience that I did, don't you?)

Edit: (and here's your proof, just in case you don't want to change your seemingly pessimistic attitude: https://gyazo.com/37efba5f592e59b12328b4b92d80c881)

You took the bait hard right there
(12-16-2015, 11:20 PM)Snaggle Wrote: You took the bait hard right there

I always do. ^^
Damn that sucks man. I wouldn't hold your breath though as VAC's are literally never undone and I've only heard like 3 stories of it happening and they're all probably fake.
So, which IP did the account connect to when this took place?
(10-16-2014, 09:16 PM)Alias Wrote: dont masterbate for at least a day before hand, then masterbate mid way round and fling it into the eyes of the leader while shouting "spiderman"